We are seeking qualified candidates to staff our 24/7 dispatch center. We handle requests for service for ground ambulance calls in Las Vegas as well as air ambulance requests for both regional and long distance transports. Shift openings can range from day to night shifts for 12 hours a day with a 3/4 4/3 schedule.
Dispatchers are the central hub where calls for service are received, and units are properly utilized. S/he is directly responsible for properly deploying and monitoring the status and locations of all on-duty units per the dispatch protocols. Dispatchers are an essential and critical role within the company requiring them to be true professionals and experts in their field.
1. Answers incoming phone calls in a courteous and professional manner.
2. Thoroughly document calls for service in the CAD.
3. Interacts with field units professionally over the phone and radio using proper etiquette and excellent customer service skills.
4. Is familiar with response areas and the regulations of the various hospitals and jurisdictions we are responding to.
5. Identifies and reports field performance concerns to Lead Dispatcher and/or the head of the department creating the concern.
6. Maintains accurate status of field units.
7. Anticipates changes in the system.
8. Communicates with pilots and the AOD to ensure in-service status and ability to respond to requests for service.
9. Communicates with AOD and/or Lead Dispatcher to ensure status of crews and any changes in response capabilities.
10. Thoroughly understands the dispatch protocols and the theory behind them.
11. Knows all necessary FAA regulations.
12. Communicates activities of the shift to the oncoming dispatcher and leadership to ensure a smooth transition between shifts to increase awareness of upcoming assignments, concerns, and changes in deployment as they arise.
13. Assists with the training of new Dispatchers as directed by the Lead Dispatcher.
14. Embodies the OM culture.
15. Assists with routine upkeep of the Communications Center.
1. Works on a variety of special projects as assigned.
2. Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
1. EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatcher) within six (6) months of hire.
1. Ambulance dispatch experience
2. Flight dispatch experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
2. Great customer service regardless of the situation
3. Excellent communicator
4. Able to multitask effectively
5. Thorough knowledge of response areas
6. Proficient at interfacing with the CAD and other essential platforms.
7. Excellent typing skills
8. Excellent spelling and grammar
1. Work primarily in office environment.
2. Exposure to computer screens.
3. Sitting for extended periods of time.
4. Operating assigned office equipment.
5. Communications Center is staffed 24/7. It may be necessary to work day, evening, weekend, holiday shifts and may be called back or held over to maintain staffing levels.